QLD – ACA/ACRA CORROSION AND PROTECTION OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES AND BUILDINGS – July 21-22
2 Day Course 21-22 July 2020
Cost: Member-only course $1370.00
Time: 8.30am – 5.00pm
This course has been updated and provides an understanding of the mechanisms of the corrosion, protection and repair of reinforced concrete structures and buildings. It has been particularly designed for those who have the task of resolving the problems of corrosion of steel-reinforced, pre stressed and post-tensioned concrete elements.
Who Should Attend:
This course will provide essential training for Asset Managers, Port Engineers, Bridge Maintenance Managers, Building Managers, Heritage Structure Engineers, Plant Engineers, Consulting Engineers, Architects, Specialist Contractors, Construction Material Suppliers, Asset Condition Inspectors and Overseers.
The course is delivered as a series of 11 lectures as follows:
The Characteristics of Cement and Concrete
- Concrete Deterioration Mechanisms (A)
- Concrete Deterioration Mechanisms (B)
- Corrosion of Reinforcement in Concrete (A)
- Corrosion of Reinforcement in Concrete (B)
- Survey and Diagnosis of Concrete (A) – On-site Measurements
- Survey and Diagnosis of Concrete (B) – Laboratory Measurements
- Repair and Protection of Reinforced Concrete (A) – Mechanical Methods
- Repair and Protection of Reinforced Concrete (B) – Cathodic Protection
- Repair and Protection of Reinforced Concrete (C) – Further Electrochemical Methods and Permanent Corrosion Monitoring
- Preventative Measures for New Concrete
Prerequisites: Some industry experience is an advantage.
Please Note: To obtain an (optional) ACA certificate in this course, the candidate must pass an exam, based on provided case studies
A Certificate for the course will be forwarded to those students who have passed the exam, and a certificate of attendance issued otherwise.
Phone ACA to register 03 8608 7900. As this is a member only course you need to be a member of either ACRA or ACA