Have your say
Government NSW’s new rules for designing and constructing apartment buildings are a big step closer with the release of the draft D&BP Regulations. Have your say on improving the design and construction of residential apartment buildings so people are confident to live and invest in them. Last day for submissions is 11 January 2021.
The draft Design and Building Practitioners Regulation includes registration schemes for design and building practitioners and engineers who work on multistorey, multi-unit residential apartment buildings.
New requirements for professionals
The changes will require:
- design and building practitioners to declare their work complies with the Building Code of Australia,
- engineers to register to provide professional engineering work,
- all practitioners to meet continuing professional development and code of practice requirements.
Changes are described in detail in the:
- Regulatory Impact Statement
- Draft Design and Building Practitioners Regulation 2020
- Draft CPD Guidelines – Prescribed Practitioners
- Draft CPD Guidelines – Professional Engineers
Take the quick poll and complete the survey below.
You can also use the submission template to upload a written submission.
If you can’t submit a response online, see other ways to give feedback.